Friday, June 11, 2010

31 weeks

I think I look like I'm carrying super high but I guess she will drop one of these days!





Here is our bedding and part of my unfinished craft project, painting letters for Juliet's name








We learned how to "Swaddle" a baby in Infant Care class, so I practiced what I learned on my stuffed frogs! ha ha.




I so very happy that the count down to baby is in the single digits, 9 more weeks!

My Mom: Threw me a shower this past weekend and I had a great time! Juliet and I felt very blessed and loved that everyone would come out for the day and shower us with happiness :) I am so lucky that everyone in my life is healthy and with me right now to go through this journey of motherhood right along side me. My heart is truly filled with love, so much that at times I think it might burst! I am also looking forward to the shower that my Mother in Law is going to throw me in Pittsburgh next weekend :) I can't wait to see people from Pittsburgh I have not seen in a while and catch up!

Maternity Leave: I just check on my benefits for Maternity leave for my work and found out that because I will be employed 5 years in august (good timing!) I will get 100% of my pay for 6 weeks of maternity leave but can take up to 12 weeks off (the last 6 is at 75% pay) I had thought they only paid 60% pay for 6 weeks and then no pay for the last 6 weeks, so I'm pumped that I will still have an income during my whole leave!!!!! I will take the whole 12 weeks b/c I really want time to adjust before I go back to work. I am so scared that it will be hard to concentrate and do my job well once I go back... I feel like my brain and heart will want to with Juliet and not at work. Just trying to prepare myself already for the transition. Anyone that's done it before and wants to give me advice, all advice is welcome.

Infant care class: John and I started our first baby classes this past week! We took infant care classes through the hospital that I will be giving birth at. It was actually a lot of fun b/c John and I were learning a lot and making each other crack up during most of the class. We had to provide care to these dolls that acted as our baby, ha ha. Our instructor called us her "playful couple" so I guess we will both have no problem "playing" with Juliet on a child-like level in the future. I think john is going to be a great dad and he is also my best friend, if anything this experience of being pregnant has brought us so much closer, I can't say enough about how supportive he has been about everything I have needed him to do or learn. We start are birthing classes in two weeks.

Midnight feedings: I'm glad I am not a Gizmo from the movie "The Gremlins" b/c I would have turned into an evil gremlin already by breaking the rule of not eating after midnight. I have had the craziest sleep patterns lately. I usually wake up around 3AM every night and can't get back to sleep for about 2 hours. So while I'm awake I get hungry and have something to eat, watch TV, or do work on my computer till I get tired again. It's really hard to then get up in the morning for my real work b/c I want to sleep in past 9am! I hear this only gets worse....

My Belly: John says he can tell how much my belly has grown in the last two weeks, she is getting all her baby fat in and I can tell also how hungry I have been lately that she is growing. I am up to 17 pounds this week and have a doctor's appointment next week to do my measurements to make sure she is growing :) I can't imagine how big my belly is going to get in the next two months... I'm a little scared of it! ha ha.

I'm Crafty: At least I'm trying to be crafty! I have been hitting up Michael's for craft projects to decorate the nursery! I thought it would be way cheaper to make some of my own decorations then to buy them so the room is coming a long and I'm enjoying making crafts for Juliet.

Maternity and newborn photo's: I have booked Maternity photo's for July 8th, I will be thirty-five weeks by them and my belly will probably be as big as a house so it will be a good time to capture John and I in maternity photo's. Then after we have the baby we go back for newborn pictures about 10 days after Juliet is born. Of course I'll share the pictures on my blog :)







No comments:

Post a Comment