Thursday, June 17, 2010

32 weeks

John was out of town for work all week so I had no one to take my picture. He comes home late on Friday so I will get him to take a proper picture this weekend but for now here is my belly!

Getting Impatient: I am trying to enjoy every moment before the baby comes but I am just so excited and feel like I'm getting impatient for my due date to arrive. I will have to try better at being in the moment instead of wishing time away because right now 8 week seems like a long time to wait to meet the baby.



Doctor's appointment this week: So I keep thinking these doctor's appointments will get more exciting but the last couple have been the same thing over and over. I go in, they weight me, take my blood pressure, check my belly measurements to make sure she is growing, and then listen to the heart beat. At the end they ask me "do you have any questions?" If I didn't have any questions the whole appointment would last about 15 minutes so I try to think of at least one question before I get there. Today my blood pressure was good 110/72, my belly has grown to 31 centimeter and the babies heart beat was 140. My question of the day was about cord blood donation... I wanted to know what I had to do to donate her cord blood. The midwife told me I had to research places that do cord blood donation and then call them to arrange the donation. So I pretty much have to do some research on the subject since she said there are not a lot of centers that do blood banking but we thought it would be nice to at least donate the cord blood if we were not going to bank it ourselves to hopefully save someones life. So I'll let everyone know what I find out.

Moving like a Turtle but eating like a body builder: I am slowing down!!!!!!! The belly is making it hard for me to move these days and ever since the doctor told me I need to get lots of protein I feel like I'm eating like a body builder. I doubled the amount of egg whites I consume and have protein shakes in my hand regularly. Working out is getting hard :( My 3 mile walks used to be at a pretty brisk pace but now the pace is similar to that of a turtle but at least I'm still moving. I get out of breath walking up one flight of stairs and exercising at the gym is definitely getting hard! Right now I am making it to one weight lifting class a week but have to take more breaks then before and people are starting to stare at me when I walk through the gym. But I really think lifting weights has helped me avoid back pain since I been doing things to strengthen my back to hold the extra weight. In the next week or so I am going to try water aerobics soon and see if I like that better.

Did you know? That pregnant women have 1,ooo times more estrogen in their bodies then their non prego counterparts? I learned that in my prenatal yoga class tonight and was shocked! So ladies if your pregnant and emotional that is why, it's that darn estrogen. In particular the teacher reference sadness, crying, fear, and anger as typical emotions we prego's feel more intensely. So I was reflecting on my own emotions and realized that I am more angry then normal but this often only shows up while I'm driving -- otherwise known as road rage. I pretty much drive around all day for my job so it's an easy outlet for my anger since there are tons of bad driver out there (not saying I have always been the best driver). My sadness comes randomly, like when I am watching the news and see a pelican covered in oil b/c of stupid BP and start bursting into tears. Then when I thought about fear, I realized that was the longest list... since I'm afraid of a lot! I am afraid of life after the baby and how things will change, if I will know how to take care of a baby, if I will be a good mom, if I will lose myself and my identity in this whole process... The list goes on but I am more excited than I am afraid so I think what ever comes up I can handle it or have a support system that can help me handle it!

Pittsburgh bound this weekend: I am very excited to go to Pittsburgh this weekend, my very sweet MIL is throwing me a shower and I'm excited to see everyone and spend time with the family. Much love to everyone in Pittsburgh, can't wait to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment