Friday, May 28, 2010

29 weeks

29 weeks :) I had morning face so you are only getting my belly today!



Prenatal Yoga: I started taking prenatal Yoga last week and will be taking it every Thursday at the Columbia Yoga Center. It's not like the yoga I'm used to, it's very slow and relaxing and calming... I am trying to be all of those things but I find I am someone that has a hard time relaxing so I'm going to try my best to at least be calm when I go to yoga.


Tired: All of a sudden I feel like I'm in my 1st trimester again, I'm sooo tired all the time and want to take naps after work. Good thing I'm done school b/c right now I would not have the energy for it. Other then being tired the second worse thing about being pregnant is the leg cramps at night. My butt and legs ache all night when I sleep (which could also be why I'm so tired) b/c I wake up several times a night to go to the bathroom or from leg cramps. But other then that I really feel blessed to have such a easy pregnancy :)


Doctor's Visit: I had a doctor's visit yesterday and they told me my blood work looks great but they don't' go into much detail as of why but I guess I'm not low on anything important like iron. I did get a little lecture on being a vegetarian from my doctor. I told her I don't eat meat (other then seafood) and she quizzed me on where I get my protein, like most people do when I tell them I have given up on cows and chickens. So I told her I still eat eggs and dairy daily and I have protein shakes, fish twice a week, and veggie burgers, oh and lots and lots of lentils! I have also tracked my pregnancy diet on babyfit which let's you know if you are getting all the calories and protein you need and I was on target for both. The baby needs lots of protein right now especially int the Third Trimester so I am very conscious about getting enough and my doctor was happy with the sources of my protein. She said that it sounded like I get plenty of protein but just want me to be aware of it (which I promise I am!).

Weight Gain: Still about 15 pounds (maybe 15.5) I did also talk to my doctor about my weight gain concerns. I told her that I have been slowing down and only gaining about 1/2 pound a week even though all the books tell me I should be gaining a pound a week. She told me that as long as I was eating healthy and exercising that I might not gain a pound a week and that it was perfectly fine for me to not gain or only gain a little during the last part of pregnancy. She would only be concerned if the baby stopped growing not if I stop gaining weight. So they check if the baby is growing by measuring my stomach which should be getting bigger every week by about a centimeter. When she measured my stomach I was at 28 Centimeters which is a growth from last time and right where I should be for this week. So the goal is a bigger belly!!! Yea I love the big Belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment