Tuesday, February 9, 2010

13 weeks and stuck in the snow!

13 weeks prego!
So I am 13 weeks pregnant – officially in my second trimester (which they say is the best trimester to be in!) I feel good & have my energy back. I have gained a little bit of a belly, looks a little like I had too much for lunch or some put a small tire around my mid section. My weight gain so far has been about 3 to 4 pounds, apparently that is normal for the first trimester. Some people lose weight b/c they throw up so much due to morning sickness so I feel lucky that was not me. From now on the books say I should gain about a pound a week! So I am going to start growing rapidly soon. I am really looking forward to LOOKING pregnant not just bloated!

This week I have been stuck in the house except for the occasional trip to the gym or grocery store b/c of the snow. It started snowing on Friday 2/5 and we finally got plowed out on Monday 2/8 so I have been out of the house a few times but my work has been closed and I think it will stay closed all week b/c we are supposed to get another 12-20 inches tonight… CRAZY! MD has never seen this much snow. I wish I had a baby to play with while suck in the house but he/she is stuck in my uterus for the time being, ha ha.


My cravings this week: Pancakes & Brownies- have had the time to make them!

Best thing about being snowed in: Being able to get lots of sleep & hang out with John - we have played scrabble and are you smarter than a 5th grader (I WON both games!)

Worst thing about being snowed in: Missing work and feeling behind

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I am so so so excited for you. Love the blog. Miss you, Alex

    ReplyDelete