Friday, April 2, 2010

21 Weeks

21 Weeks and feeling more and more pregnant!

My first Stranger: I was at a work meeting and went downstairs to get hot tea b/c I was trying not to fall asleep in the meeting and the lady that got me the tea said "Does your baby want hot tea?" So she is officially the first STRANGER to notice that I was pregnant! I really wanted to say back "what baby?" but I controlled myself and just smiled and said yes the baby is asking for hot tea and then I told her she was the first stranger to comment on my pregnancy and to that she said "I always can tell when a women is pregnant, they have that different glow."

The nightmare of Registering: I finally finished registering this week, thanks to the help of Jodi! I really don't think I could have gotten it done (well done correctly) if I didn't have the help of my veteran Mom. John was really helpfully and was always willing to go with me but since we were both clueless not much got done when we tried to register together so I am happy that I have friends that can help guide me... I will have to pay it back to another clueless friend one day.


I learned a new trick: So I figured out that you can take a hair band (or Gum band as John likes to call them) and put it through the hole of your jeans where the button is suppose to go and then loop the hair band around the button. This lets your jeans expand so you don't have to button them and is much more comfortable I think then even the belly bands I have been using. It's getting HOT outside and I am trying to shed any extra material I can.


I'm excited for: Our trip to the Bahama's in a week and half! We leave on April 14th for 5 days of relaxation on the beach. We will be staying in Nassau on Paradise Island. I'm also excited for a bigger rounded belly the kind of belly that you don't have to question if I am pregnant or not... The kind where people take one look at you and KNOW you are pregnant.


The baby's Kicks: So I have been feeling fluttering off and on for the last three weeks or so but I think last night I felt a direct kick to my stomach. It was pretty cool! Then I felt like the baby did a somersault or something because there was major movement going on last night. I guess she is practicing her acrobatic skills while she still has room in there to move around. It should get pretty cramped soon!

Weight Gain: 11 pounds






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a baby girl! Dave and I just found out Friday that we too are having a baby girl! I'm thinking that means that Beth will have a boy or if things happen in threes, another little girl! You look great! I feel the same way about people wondering if you're prego or not. We went to party last night and another girl there is due a week after me and she was significantly bigger than me- everyone kept saying they didn't even know I was prego and they couldn't believe the difference in us. I also too stand in front of my fridge hungry but wont eat for like another 3 hours b/c I never know what I want! But I'm feeling great, 20 weeks and 4 days, I've also gained 10 pounds so far. It's great that the three of us are going through the same experience so close together!

    ReplyDelete