Thursday, April 8, 2010

22 weeks or 5 1/2 months

22 weeks

No air conditioning causes problems: So this week the air conditioning in my car decides to break. Well needless to say 90 degree weather, no air conditioning, and pregnancy don't MIX! So John let me borrow his car yesterday so that he could get mine fixed while he was at work. Really nice of him right? Yes... but he also decided to accidentally take the keys to his car to work with him and leave me with a car to drive but NO KEYS. So he had to drive all the way back from work to drop off my keys and my day was messed up b/c I had appointments all day with teachers and was running 45 minutes late. Moral of the story, it takes a little extra brain power when you change your routine! Oh and it cost 700 dollars to fix the car, but I guess that's what you get when you put 140,000 miles on a car.







Oh my feet :( This is the first week I have seen it... Yes that's right... SWOLLEN FEET. It is an unattractive sight to say the least but I guess I will have to get used to it since I am not due till August. Move over everyone a swollen women is coming through.







John felt HIS first Juliet kick: Every time the baby has been kicking John has not been around to feel her, since now I can feel her kick me on the outside of my stomach. On Wednesday we were watching lost and Juliet started kicking me (maybe she is a Lost fan?) so I had John put his hand on my stomach and he felt his daughter kick him for the first time :) It was pretty cute.







Weight Gain: 11 pounds - I'll make up for no weight gain this week when I am on vacation next week, might pack on 3 or 4 pounds, ha ha. Hopefully I can control myself a little







Do I like being Pregnant? I would say yes and no to that question. I don't hate being pregnant but it gets hard sometimes like the days when I miss my NORMAL body and have to fight feeling HUGE. I wish I was one of those girls that was in love with my pregnant body but I would be lying if I said I was. I'm in "like" with it, I have my days I think pregnancy looks "cute" and days I think it's not so cute... It's also hard when I want to do things that I can't, like I had a dream John and I went horse back riding but when I woke up I realized I not allowed to go horse backing riding right now... It made me a little sad for some reason :( BUT, the moments that make it all worth it are when I get to see her at our ultrasounds, think about meeting her, and when I feel her kick .Talking to her and feeling that bond makes everything worth it, no matter how much extra cellulite I acquire!!! I also realize how lucky I am to be having a complication free pregnancy (the bad side effects they talk about are VERY minimal) and to be able to get pregnant in the first place and I feel extremely blessed :) I know this sounds corny but it's truly a miracle.





Do I miss my friends Vodka, Beer, and Wine? Not as much as I thought I would :) I am happy to report that giving up drinking it is one of the EASIER things about being pregnant. Sure I would love to have a cocktail or two on my up coming vacation but I know I will have an awesome time no matter what. Going out with friends has been just as fun and really the only thing that is different is I get tired earlier.

1 comment: