Monday, April 19, 2010

23 weeks & baby moon

So I was a little behind in posting b/c of our Baby moon vacation :) Pictures from 23 weeks will be posted in the next couple weeks but for now I can just let everyone know how our trip went.


Swimming with Sharks anyone? My second responsible choice as a parent was NOT to swim with the sharks on our vacation (my first responsible choices have been what I have been putting in my body - trying to eat healthy and avoiding things you shouldn't eat and drink). On the third day of our trip we went on a snorkeling tour since it seemed to be the only thing I was "allowed" to do. The kiddie slide our out Hotel even had a sign that said NO PREGO'S!!!! So signed up for a snorkel tour through our Hotel that told us that there would be three snorkel stops (but did not mention the last stop would be to watch sharks swim around). So when we came to the last stop they told us we could go watch the REEF sharks FEED on the fish food box they dropped in the ocean to keep them occupied while we watched them (you know so they didn't eat the humans). Well John decided he wanted to go but I declined only b/c of Juliet, the thought of a shark eating her made me want to throw up. Normally I would be right behind John to look at the sharks but I guess motherhood changes you and for once I was being cautious. But John enjoyed all three minutes of watching the Sharks and said it was his favorite part of the vacations :)


Early Bedtime on Prego Vacations: So the big difference between vacationing when I'm not Pregnant and when I am Pregnant would be that I enjoy going to bed early and resting so much more. I was actually able to relax on vacation and sleep a ton, which normally would NOT happen. John and I both have problems relaxing and usually want to do a ton of activities. Well since there was not much that I was able to do I was forced to be lazy and sit on the beach and enjoy just being. It was nice for a change but I think John still got a little antsy, ha ha.


My favorite part of our vacation: Was eating all the great seafood! We went to a restaurant called the Poop Deck and had an excellent Grouper and Crab Cake meal. It was soooo good. We also ate some of the local food at the fish fry. In Nassau they specialize in Conch (which is shown in the picture below) and the famous side items are pea's & rice, Fried plantains, and Mac and Cheese... Yum Soul Food!!!! So at the fish fry we were able to taste Conch which kind of tastes like calamari.

No comments:

Post a Comment