Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday's Doctor Appointment Update

I had my doctor's appointment today and they told me I was 80-90% effaced and at a -1 station. Last week at this time I was only 50% effaced and at a -2 station. So what does all that mean? The midwife said that I was making good progress and that my cervix thinned out a lot in a week (obviously you need to be at 100% effaced to give birth) Also the station means where the baby is, therefore the baby has dropped down more since last week and is ALMOST in my pelvis (which would be a ZERO station) a +4 station is the head coming out!!! As for my dilation, nothing has changed there, still NOT dilated at all. The midwife also told me with my progress she didn't think I would go that many days overdue if I went overdue at all. So I guess that's good news but I have heard of lots of people that have stalled in their progress so my hopes are not up that high yet. JUST WAITING... Hopefully I don't make my doctor's appointment next Monday on the 16th b/c I have a little baby in my arms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment